Montag, 1. Juni 2009

Announce Battery State Script

Hey all!
I sometimes have the probleme that I don't notice that my battery is nearly empty. So I decided to write a little script that tells me from time to time how much power is left. It's a quick and dirty script written in python only tested with Ubuntu 9.04, so don't expect too much.
It uses the new notifying system (notify-osd) that came with ubuntu 9.04 to notify the actual battery state and plays a sound in the same time.

So here comes the script. Just make it executeable
chmod +x check_battery_state.py
, add it to your startup applications and don't forget to install python-pyxine otherwise the sound wont work
sudo apt-get install python-pyxine
Thats it, I hope it's usefull to someone out there.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen